Fascinating True Stories From the Flip Side of History

On the Web Since 1994

Podcasting Since January 2008

Freak Fire (Footnote to History)

(This article originally appeared on page 6 of the December 13, 1949 publication of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and is reprinted word-for-word below.)

FREAK FIRE

BRIDGEPORT, Conn., Dec. 13 (INS)—A box of cookies set fire to a house. Here’s how:

The box toppled from a kitchen shelf onto the handle of a water faucet, turning on the water. The cookies spilled out and clogged the drain. The sink overflowed, the water seeped through the floor, a short circuit resulted, and fire broke out.

Original story describing how a box of cookies started a house fire.
Original story describing how a box of cookies started a house fire.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
You may also enjoy these stories:
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Language

Follow the Podcast

Recent Podcast Episodes

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x